Am I journalist? To date, I guess that best answer I could provide anybody with this would have to be yes and no.
No for obvious reasons. The only journalistic work I do is with a student-run newspaper, which has limited capabilities and only runs on a twice-weekly basis. Add in the fact that I am also a resident assistant and a student, and the feeling I get of being a journalist is greatly diminished.
Yet there is the fact that, as I previously stated, I do in fact work for a newspaper. I brainstorm story ideas, pitch out said stories to writers and do everything that is needed of me to make sure that The New Hampshire runs as smoothly as it possibly considering the role in which I currently find myself in.
It is a weird balance, I must admit. But at the same time I could not imagine my life any other way, and for that fact I am extremely grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment