I’ll admit it, I have not done a whole lot to change the
way I consume news. And to be frank, I simply don’t have adequate time to do it
any other way. I have gotten into a routine, if you will, of scavenging through
my Twitter feed a couple of times a day and picking out the news stories that I
feel are most pertinent to me and my little world and I have no problem with
that.
Because even if I may not grab onto everything that one
particular individual finds newsworthy – such as, for instance, the state
politics and other happenings of a state like Massachusetts or the death of a
baby panda – I still feel that I have a relatively solid grasp as to what is
going on in the United States at this particular point in time.
I just tend to specialize is all.
For instance, I know from all sorts of reports that have
popped up on my Twitter feed – examples being The Washington Post, The
Huffington Post and CNN just to name a few – I have been informed that the
gap between President Barack Obama and his Republican opponent Mitt Romney
continues to widen in favor of the
incumbent. At the same time, I am also aware that some conservatives are
skeptical of the polling that has come out showing Obama having significant
leads in crucial swing states.
This is what I mean by specialization, and I feel as if
that is perfectly acceptable of me as a journalist.
No comments:
Post a Comment