Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Social media nearing election day

Let me be perfectly clear. I love most things about politics. Political ads, rallies and elections just make me warm and fuzzy inside. Along with politics, I really do consider myself a big fan of social media. Particularly Twitter. And with The New Hampshire opting to wait a full day to make sure it can have as much action-packed election coverage in one night, I am really excited to see the world of social media and the world of politics collide in a way that we have never seen before.
Now we have already seen that this election has been shaped by the influence of social media. The coverage of the debates through social media hit a level I don't recall ever really seeing back in '04 or '08, the two elections I remember most fondly. But just what will we see when it comes time to vote. What influence will social media have on the ultimate decision? Especially with this to be a close race, what will we see from social media when things come right down to the wire? It is something that I am excited to see, and look forward to seeing how this all unfolds as I sit at my desk and follow the election with Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment