Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Audiovisual experience



One part of the assignment I recently turned in for Newswriting required me to edit some video together in order to make a short little video to supplement the small bit of writing my group wrote up. It was an exercise that was supposed to resemble something a little more realistic to what would be asked of us, as journalists, in a modern newsroom.

Well I can certainly say that my first venture into video editing – while not exactly groundbreaking or revolutionary – was, overall, enjoyable. I got to try something that I do not think I would have ever gotten to do before and that is something that I find very exciting.

Hopefully this will not be my last audiovisual endeavor of my collegiate career. With the resources available to me here at the University of New Hampshire, I think it would be a shame to waste them on just one sub-minute video.

Attached is the video, in all of its brief glory. A brief synopsis of what the story was about: after a small poll of several students around UNH, my classmates and I found that a decent amount of first-time voters went into the experience went into the polls uninformed. The video captures that.

No comments:

Post a Comment